Leeds Strategic Estates Review 2014
Project Type: Strategic
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Full review of five services within Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust to inform strategic decision-making relating to potential re-location.
Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust commissioned Community Ventures to undertake a review in order to understand the potential facility options prior to commencing a Strategic Outline Case review.
The five services considered were:
- Community Intermediate Care In-patient Unit (Seacroft Hospital)
- Community Rehabilitation Unit – providing planned inpatient rehabilitation programmes (St Mary’s Hospital)
- Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) – comprising Adolescent Inpatient Service and 8 beds and the base for CAMHS Outreach and Therapeutic Service (St James’s Hospital)
- Community Paediatrics and Child Development Centre (St James’s Hospital)
- Child and Family Unit (St James’s Hospital)
A proposed Schedule of Accommodation (SOA) for each service was created that complies with current building and quality guidance, and associated adjacency diagrams produced to establish opportunities for co-location of services.
The estates solution proposed was based upon remodelling existing NHS accommodation. This provides deliverable options for meeting the estates requirements of the various services within a long-term strategic plan for LCHT and within an acceptable timeframe.
The project was completed to budget and timescale.
“Community Ventures has a good knowledge of community services, local opportunities and stakeholders. Their people offer both strategic and operational analysis and underpin everything with facts. With most consultancies I am usually given the answer I expect but Community Ventures dare to be different.”