Church View Medical Centre, Wakefield 2013
Project Type: Design & Build+
Capital Value: £4million
NHS Property Services
Dr Chandy & Partners (GP)
Dr Diggle & Partners (GP)
Third party – Aspire Community Pharmacies (UK) Ltd
New-build third-party development Joint Service Centre delivered under a unique joint venture with the GPs. The project also facilitated the provision of a new GP led pharmacy.
Church View Medical Centre is a bespoke, CQC-compliant facility, built on a brownfield site located to service the local population of South Elmsall and South Kirkby. The value-for-money project was designed by clinical experts to offer a tailored environment that meets the requirements of service users as well as the wider local community.
Church View Medical Centre offers a large range of services including:
- General Practice, Pharmacy and Opticians
- Health trainers
- Retinal screening
- PLATT (Primary Care Liaison Assessment, Treatment & Training team)
- Minor Surgery Suite
- Community Services – District Nursing, School Nursing, Midwifery Dietetics, Chiropody, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Sexual Health (C.A.S.H.), Continence Service, Dental Services
- Cardiac Liaison
- Children’s Services – Health Visiting, Community Paediatrics, Baby Clinic, Children’s Play,
- Substance Misuse And Alcohol Services
- Occupational Health
The Joint Venture transformed the way in which the facilities were built and adopted a new approach to management. The long-term partnership with Community Ventures enables clinicians to devote more time to providing care, whilst we manage property development facilities management. Financial risks are minimised and the income potential of the buildings is fully realised.
Community Ventures continue to provide facilities management on behalf of the tenant.
Awards and accreditations: